Solved Restoring from old tapes catalog completes but n
The following describes a situation where the tape drive(s) and/or tape library(s) are in good working condition; but, the Backup Exec software does not see the hardware correctly (communications):... 2/10/2015 · I can't get backup exec 15 to delete any of my expired sets, now my NAS is filled up and I can't do anymore backups. I spent a frustrating hour on the phone with an offshore support person from Symantec that was no help at all, but he said he will contact me …
Using a command script to uninstall the Remote Agent and
As Backup Exec can only host one deduplication storage, I needed to delete the old one from the interface. It never really finished. The old deduplication storage disappeared from interface, but delete task was still running after a few hours.... In case the problem is based in backup to tape jobs, following steps to delete the media from Backup Exec and re-run the catalogs operation on the media is suggested: 1) Right click on the tape/s that is having problems, select "Associate with Media Set" and send it to "Retired Media" media set.
Solved Backup Exec 12.5 with very large Catalogs folder VOX
Depending on your environment, consider setting the Backup Exec Agent service to restart on failure. (On Windows XP, 2000 and Server 2003, this is in the Service's properties, on the Recovery tab) This won't prevent agent crashes, but it will restart the service for you. how to build a lego swat truck instructions When cataloging a tape, Backup Exec reads the header information from the tape and stores it in a file on the hard drive. The information contained in the catalog includes, but is not limited to: Tape number/label/name (something to identify that tape from all others)
15 upgrade FAQs for Veritas Backup Exec 15 Softchoice
10/07/2012 · The “Solution” is to remove the software again, reboot, then manually hack out ALL references to Symantec and Backup Exec from the registry. reboot. Then install again. reboot, and everything should be peachy. how to delete activities off of garmin 520 22/09/2014 · We deleted old backups from a USB backup drive so obviously Backup Exec 2012 had decided to use the USB drive for staging as it had a 1TB of space. This screwed up backups to tape and to hard disk. This screwed up backups to tape and to hard disk.
How long can it take?
MS SQL Server How Do I Remove Expired Backup From
- BackupExec 2010 R3 getting "stuck" EduGeek.net
- How to run Veritas Backup Exec license tool
- Backup Exec Cannot Start Because There Is A Pending
- Backup Exec 20 Agents and Options TechSoup
Backup Exec 16 How To Delete A Catalogue And Restart
The backup information and License information are saved in some certain catalog and files, while reinstalling the Backup Exec, we will delete these catalog and files while deleting the software. So we need to make backup of these information before implementing the reinstallation.
- 2/07/2002 · I tried the fix where you delete the .idx file and any temp files from the \backup exec\catalogs directory to no avail. I do have about 80mb of catalogues that directory but when I go to the restore tab in backup exec there is nothing there. Just emptiness! I think my next course of action will be to reinstall backup exec.
- Backup Exec from 2010 R3 or newer you can simply install Alternatively, you could uninstall the previous version and install Backup. automated or manual uninstall of the Backup Exec …
- The fun part of Backup Exec is that when you call their support they suck just as much as the product. I worked with them for a month and a half on why I couldn't write data to my DataDomain unless I did an inventory before hand (which would only make it writable for about 3-6 hours).
- "I had problems with a backup job and had to reboot the server, thus failing the job. Anybody know if there is a way to restart the job where it left off?